Catching up

Fall Again

Well summer gets me every time!

It seems that there are so many projects out in our yard that I forget to write on the blog. 

It would be wonderful if I would share all of these projects with you! 

We decided to purchase some pavers for the backyard and make the existing patio bigger. We are well into our 60's so moving pavers and preparing the ground is quite a feat for us two. We somehow come up with enough energy to get most things accomplished, but by the end of the day we are beat!

It is so fun though to work in the yard, feel and breathe the fresh air, and just mesh with nature. I so love my flowerbeds and they quite like me too when I spend days getting the weeds out from between the roots and the other plants. 

So we are back to November and I am trying to catch up. It is so nice to sleep in, and stay cozy in the house with the cold air outside. 

I am loving that life is slowing down and we aren't

 stacked up with one project after another.

This year we cut all the grass from the area behind the house and placed pavers in the area. It was a lot of work preparing the area with sand and leveling it all out. We placed the pavers in 6 big squares, a design that we created on our own. It took 2 days and help from the Dana and the grandchildren moving the pavers to me. We spent another day cutting pavers for Dana's dream stream. 

We are at a stopping point for the winter. It will be fun next summer to finish the project. So glad we did this and so sad that we didn't add this paver patio when all our children lived at home. I love it so much!

Black Pavers are Belgard







Front patio by the front door.



The green house is below. The cement patio in front of it came out as one
piece where the patio pavers now lay. I have always wanted to do something in 
front of the green house but what? Not sure what that was going to be, but when 
we moved it, miraculously it didn't break. Josh a few days ago told us how
much rebar went into it when it was poured. Dana and I did not remember what 
went in it 25 years ago, but for sure Josh did. So it was not surprise to him that
it moved in one big piece. Too funny Huh!


Project in process.














Hope that this may inspire you to do a patio.  
It really was a huge project, but in the end so worth our time!

Happy summer projects!

Robin







No comments

Post a Comment