Christmas Tablescape

One of my favorite things to do is create tablescapes!

Well, seriously, I have way more dishes that 2 people need,
and I love to invite people over and use them.

This year our Christmas Eve will be filled with family.
One of the first years in a long time!
We usually go to our kids for Christmas, and this year we have a 
crew of family right here in our home town.

I'll take it!


As a result, I decided to bring black and white buffalo check into the 
picture this year.  It is a little more kid friendly.

The little ones will have their own table, but they will
not be void of china and silver.  It is a time to teach them
what a formal sit down dinner is all about.

I'm quite excited!


This table is only set for four.
On Christmas Eve we will have 2 tables set for six.
And yes! I have enough for all!


I have been collecting silver for many years.  As we travel to
different areas, Georgia, Montana, California, I have spent a day or two
going to the second hand stores finding silver. 

Now I must share with you the story of my teen years.
My mother had beautiful silver.  Mostly with intricate roses on them.
And I had to spend time polishing the silver.
Now really, it wasn't that much time out of my day, or year!
But at the time it was nonsense to me.
Today, I love the trend that you do not have to polish silver,
but you can use it in its tarnished state.
In fact some of my most favorite pieces are tarnished so far that 
there is blue color in the dark grey tarnish.


These goblets are a perfect example of the blue grey tarnish.


I got the inking one day to polish a bowl and lid that had that blue grey 
look to it.  Oh, I polished it, and was so sorry the minute I did it.
It was so much prettier in the blue grey tarnish.


 The middle of the table is decorated with candles that look like logs,
tapered red candles that smell like cinnamon, greenery, silver
plates, and 3 crowns.
I love to decorate with crowns all year long.
But during Christmas they represent the three wise men coming
to bring Jesus his gifts from afar.


They are each different just like the 3 wise men were different.




Baby Doe has been part of my Christmas decorating for over 25 years.
She was a poster in the store I worked in while we were students in college.
I brought one of the posters home, and Dana framed her for
me, we finally had to have her heat pressed onto foam core to keep her
stable and no more ripping of the edges.
But she has been with us for a very long time.


Our dinning area in our house isn't very large and there are
no windows in this room.  So it was a bit dark.
Last year Dana added recessed lighting and we were given these 
fabulous lights that came out of a remodel from our son in law.
One day I thought, lets get rid of the chandler and put these in.
What a difference in the light over the table! 
Between the two lighting upgrades our dinning area is now well
lit!  And we love it!  




I can honestly say,
I can't wait for Christmas Eve!
To spend time with my family.
To eat together in a formal setting.
And to celebrate the birth of the Savior of the World!

Enjoy!

Robin


No comments

Post a Comment