Office Redo with Steampunk Lamps

How important is an office?

We used this office for years to run our business before
we retired.  It was well used!  File drawers filled with files
of receipts and invoices.  Two huge old computers at each
side of the desk.  One for my office manager and one for me
to do my design work. 

It was also painted a Martha Green, as we all called it in the day.

Now the office only is needed for our small business of
running our rental homes.  So, our computers are down to one
laptop, and our Ipads and mobile devices.

I have to say, seriously, you can do everything on your mobile
device!  It wasn't so ten years ago, so much has changed.


We decided to paint the office a Sherwin Williams white and the office
immediately brightened up.  Away with the old computers,
sometimes for us older folks it's hard to get rid of those old things.
But, Alas, they are now in the dump, long gone from the day
of needed computers.

And the new look arrived.
The clock on the wall is the the recycled clock from years ago,
with my mom's and dad's watches all around the edges,
the office organizers that I recycled and gave a Kate Spade
black, white, and red look to it.

The office now with the look of Kate Spade's
 - Gold, black, white, and red/pink.

Then we started making these awesome steampunk lamps!


And I am totally in love with them.
Dana,  my husband makes them from recycled parts and new pipes
and new lights and parts.


Here are both of the lights we have made on the desk of the office.
One has 2 lights, tear drop shape, and the other has a round light.
Both lights inside the cages are Edison lights.
The make the office so updated!


Here is the lamp with 2 lights.
Each light has an on and off switch with a USB port at the bottom
of the switch.


Making it the lamp that will fill each persons modern day needs.
Devices!!!  We all need to keep them charged!


It just makes me so happy to see this look!
Clean - Simple - Light
Farmhouse in the most refined way!


The smaller light has the cutest rounded cage ever!
When I saw it, I was - YES!  I want that!
So Dana made this one just for my side of the bed.

It is a little bit shorter, but still has the switch and USB ports.




Yes, modernization is in the air, and the cutest
Farmhouse look ever.


You can see the cute recycled clock above the light.
One of my favorite things I have done, showcasing mom
and dad's old watches.


 These Steampunk/Edison lights will go on sale in a 
few days on our
etsy page. 

OurRefinedFarmhouse 

all in one word.


The office is now complete and finished.
Farmhouse favorite colors and lamps.

I didn't mention the framed rose above the desk.
It is a long story of how it came into my hands and how
it is framed the way it is.  I'll leave that for another day, but 
it does come from my grandmother's belongings
found after she died.
My mom and I both were able to get one.
I had Dana frame it for me to match the decor of the room.



Enjoy these ideas.

We are now living the dream as we remake each of the rooms
of our Refined European Farmhouse.

Til next time.

Robin

No comments

Post a Comment