Outdoor Mother's Day Tablesetting

Putting the china out for a Mother's Day table
setting just brings joy to my heart.

Especially when it is warm outside.
I remember when my Oma would come and visit us from
Germany, Mom and her would sit outside and have their
little coffee breaks.  My mom didn't drink coffee, but Oma did.
They would sit on a cute round table and drink
have little tea sandwiches and visit.

This is one fond memory I have of my Oma coming to visit.



Here this china is in gold, silver, and white.
Such a special way to sit and eat.


I can honestly say I have never taken this set out to
use yet!  These are Mary Carol 
dishes, except the silver edged salad plate.
I have a set of 12
and really I need to have a dinner party!


This just feels like Mother's Day to me!
Beautiful Peonies in a white on white pitcher.
Gold and silver dishes.
And a Lavender Goblet.


The little dish at the side would be perfect
for shrimp cocktail!
I so love the table cloth.
It has the most wonderful ribbon
embroidery ever on it.
I just want to spend time here with my mother,
or my daughters!


It is the kind of table we wish for in our dreams,
when everything comes together 
romantically.  Our husbands have spoiled us,
and now we can feel like queens.


The candles burning in the evening,
with the sun going down, and we
are right there with the 
most special person in 
our lives.  Our mothers.

I hope that you will set the table real special for your
mother and cook the most amazing meal to honor her.
My mother is gone now, and I don't get those days with her
any more. 
I loved the things she did that were so amazing and special.
She loved to make things as special as she could, taking
out the china and silver and using these things
for the simplest of days.

Today I use the special dishes as often as possible.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Each meal can be special, even if a plate may get
a chip in it.  I now love to pull them out.
It makes my happy, and I have great joy by using
the unusual dishes for the usual meals.

Enjoy!

Robin

No comments

Post a Comment